27 06 2008
First, Roy Fields is back! Others leading has been moving, but there is something about him that changes the atmosphere. Roy, welcome back. Second if you are in Lakeland Fl on the 4th of July there will be free food. From 4-7pm, next Friday there be a celebration with free food. This will also lead into a water Baptism service. I am just thrilled for both of these events. The first shows a desire to reach out to host community and give back to those who have given so much. As important, the second is another example of how Fresh Fire and Ignited are taking care and shepherding those who are making profession of faith under their leadership.
Another fun fact, there is now a medical doctor who is reviewing all the medical reports about healing. The desire for accountability and integrity is great in Lakeland. One of the assistants said there is a four step process for those who take the stage professing healing
1 Pastor volunteers from around the world, screen and test, those who claim to have received healing
2 This is then relayed to those who bring the person on stage, to ensure what is shared is consistent
3 After they are on the platform, a survey is filled out with symptoms, sign of healing and contacts.
4 FOLLOW UP! 1-2 weeks a phone call is made to see how they are doing.
Just some random quotes form Todd Bentley… he really does use the name of Jesus.
(This is just a sample, to show who the glory goes to)
“We are encouraging people to see doctors after healings. I believe in medicine”
“It is the power of Jesus. We are powerless without the power of the Holy Ghost
“Can we give thanks to Jesus for this.”
“We want to give all we can, leally, to the media to give the glory to Jesus.”
“We give all the glory to Jesus”
“Can we give Jesus all the glory tonight?”
while praying for healing, “Two new ankles in Jesus mighty name”
30 Reasons for Healings #16-30 (all verses NIV)
16. He does what he pleases – God is sovereign and healing happens because God chooses too.
17. Charitable Giving- (whole chapters but verses) Acts 9: 36 In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which, when translated, is Dorcas), who was always doing good and helping the poor and Acts10:2 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. Based on these verses miracles happens as a direct result of charitable giving. It would seem that when we take care of the pour, God reaches and extra measure of the miracles.
18. The Gospel – Mark 16:19-20 He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly. Healing is good news and, according to Todd, the Gospel is the power of God as well as the message of salvation
19. I am a friend of God’s – John 15:15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. God hears the prayers of His friends. What do you do for your “true” friends? The deeper the intimacy with God, the deeper the friendship. Is God your friend, because there seems to be many who understand Jehovah but do not understand Abba. Abba, is the characteristic of a deep personal relationship.
20. The Glory of God – John 11:4 When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”
21. The cures of the Law – Romans 8:2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Healings show that you free from the law of sin and death.
22. Desperation: Mark 5:27 When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, Sometime people need a touch so bad they push trough to get it. “if only this small amount” They are the ones who are desperate enough to reach out and get healed
23. Connection locked up
24. Name of God – Exodus 15:26 He said, “If you listen carefully to the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in his eyes, if you pay attention to his commands and keep all his decrees, I will not bring on you any of the diseases I brought on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, who heals you.”
25. Communion – 1 Corinthians 11:29-30 For anyone who eats and drinks without recognizing the body of the Lord eats and drinks judgment on himself. 30That is why many among you are weak and sick, and a number of you have fallen asleep. This would seem to be a reason why you are not, but if it bring sickness maybe it bring healing (my thought on it, time was short so the last were real quick)
26. Gift of the Spirit- There was no verse give to justify this, but 1 Corinthians12:9-109to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues,[a] and to still another the interpretation of tongues.
27. The name of Jesus – Triune God, Jesus is God see #24
28. The nature of the Holy Spirit – God creates when the Holy Spirit the Holy Spirit moves. It was after Genesis 1:2 Now the earth was [a] formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. That God said, “Let there be light.” IF the Spirit lives with us, then he is moving, we should expect creation (new body parts is creation).
29. I am Saved – James 5:15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Faith is a gift of the Spirit and only saved people have this. So salvation, brings faith, faith brings healing. And, yes because Jesus forgave my sins.
30. Kingdom of God- Mathew 6:10 Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. There is no sickness in the Kingdom, God preformes creation in His kingdom, there are miricals in the Kingdom, let it be so here
These are the second half of the 30 reasons, each with scripture refrances. People you may not like Todd Bentley, but please be careful arguing against the word of God. For those around Todd, let him know I said “thanks for the teaching, it has meant a lot to me.”
On a personal note: I blew out my knee today, while walking down some stairs. It hurt to move or even put pressure on it. Tonight, during the broadcast, I WAS HEALED. Proof of this, I wrote this whole blog standing up.
the Lakeland critics seem to be led by the devil..