Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer. Automatically diagnose issues that may reduce safety in Internet Explorer or cause Internet Explorer to respond slowly or crash.
- Defective Internet Explorer add-ons. Disables defective add-ons.
- Phishing filter is turned off. Turns the phishing filter on.
- Pop-up blocker is turned off. Turns the Pop-up blocker on to block pop-ups.
- Security settings are not set to recommended settings. Resets security to recommended settings.
- Internet Explore does not update cached pages or updates them inefficiently, causing launch to be slow. Resets the page sync policy to automatic.
- Cache size is too small or too big, causing slow performance. Resets the cache size to be within 50-250 MB of the default range.
- Concurrent server connections set too low or too high causing slow performance. Restore IE concurrent connection settings to defaults.
- Pop-up blocker is turned off allowing pop screens. Turns the Pop Up Blocker on.
- Resets Internet Explorer security settings to the default (recommended) levels.
- Enable the Phishing Filter.
- Enable Data Execution Prevention for Internet Explorer
Microsoft Fix it Center makes getting support easier than ever because automatic troubleshooters solve the issues you have now and prevent new ones. Microsoft Fix it Center makes getting support easier than ever, with tools that help solve the issues you have now and prevent new ones.
-Easy to Install and Run: Easy-to-use wizards will guide you through the set-up process and help you anytime you need support.
-Automated: With automated troubleshooters, Fix it Center helps solve issues with your PC, even if you’re not sure what the exact problem is. Fix It Center scans your device to diagnose and repair problems, then gives you the option to “Find and fix” or to “Find and report.
-Preventive Care: By helping you find and fix issues before they become real problems, Fix it Center helps keep your PC running smoothly and automatically downloading the latest solutions.
To enable HTTPS for your Hotmail inbox, calendar, and contacts, go to https://account.live.com/ManageSSL. Once you enable this feature, all of your future connections to Hotmail will be delivered over SSL.
Some connections to Hotmail won’t be available if you turn on HTTPS, including:
- Outlook Hotmail Connector
- Windows Live Mail
- The Windows Live application for Windows Mobile (version 6.5 and earlier) and Symbian
We’re constantly working to continue providing great security for our customers, so stay tuned.
Windows Live Essentials 2011 , over 16 million people have downloaded the latest version. We’re very excited about what Windows Live Essentials 2011 brings to Windows 7. Some of the key features :
- Make the perfect group picture with Photo Fuse in Windows Live Photo Gallery.
- Windows Live Mail lets you automatically upload & share photos on SkyDrive in a photo email that looks beautiful and doesn’t clog your inbox (or the recipients’ inboxes) with attachments.
- AutoMovie automatically pulls in metadata from your photos for captions and credits in Movie Maker.
- Make a video call to Xbox Kinect from Messenger.
- Sync a virtually unlimited number of files to another PC (or Mac) using Windows Live Mesh.
- Windows Live has a large set of social partners that includes Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn, and 75 other websites globally.
You can download the new Windows Live Essentials 2011 here to get started today.
do see also
see also https://postedat.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/computer-users-have-become-a-cash-cow-for-many/
3 thoughts on “Microsoft Fix it. Even Improve performance, safety and security in Internet Explorer”